Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Meet Kara

It is so important to me that my blog by used for good.  I don’t think there is a better way to use it then what I want to share with you today. 

I think by now you all know that motherhood is the most important thing to me.  I feel so blessed to be a mother; and hope each who desires the opportunity to receive this great blessing.

Today, I want you to meet my dear friend Kara.  Kara and her husband have a beautiful story to share.  The hope is that by sharing their story here and many other places; their desire to adopt will come to be.  Please share their story with anyone who might be able help my sweet friends.

Meet Kara:

"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want

things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes

them all the more precious when they come." ~Joseph F. Smith

_DSC4387_S

Hello Everyone! Andrea has been sweet enough to let me be a guest blogger on her beautiful site for today. I wish to share with you something that is very close to my heart.

I have dreamed of being a mother for as long as I can remember. When I was twelve years old, I underwent a surgery that would have a direct impact upon my fertility. I remember being absolutely devastated at the news and the potential thought of never conceiving, but still held to the pure hope that a child always has. Although the doctors and I didn’t realize the extent of the impact then, I would later come to find out all that it would mean for my future.

My husband and I have been married for almost ten years. We learned five years ago the full extent of my infertility problems and that my options were IVF (which was risky, especially for me), surrogacy, or adoption. So we took our options to the Lord with humble hearts, only the answer didn’t come back as we had expected. We felt as though we were to wait because it wasn’t time yet. So, we would impatiently wait and ask again and then wait some more. And this was the cycle for what seemed like forever!

_DSC5041_2_S

In our times of struggle, we often learn the most. I watched as everyone around me started their families and we were left waiting. Anxiously waiting. And let’s face it… we weren’t getting any younger! What I now understand is that we were being refined and further prepared for this moment. There came a time when all the things that come with carrying your own child didn’t even matter to me anymore. The most important thing was now simply the opportunity to nurture a little child.

The journey has been long, but I wouldn’t make it any different. It has taught me life lessons I wouldn’t have learned any other way. It has shaped me into the woman I am and the mother I will become. So after years of waiting to know how we should start our family, I now wait again. Only this time I am waiting for something a little different. You see, we now know that adoption is how the Lord wants us to build our forever family. But we wait… we wait as we try to find the little one meant for our family. It’s the most difficult yet easiest wait I have ever had to make.

We are so excited and grateful for the beautiful miracle of adoption and for this next step in our journey. It is the answer to our deepest and most sincere prayers!

photo_S

For more information about Dave and Kara Eastham please visit these links:

Adoption Profile

Blog

Facebook Page

Email

Kara is such a wonderful example of faith and patience.  I have learned a lot from her.  She is one of the most beautiful, talented and kind women that I know.  I pray that her family will grow soon and that her desire to be a mother will be fulfilled.  Sending hugs your way Kara.

4 comments:

April said...

What a beautiful couple! I pray they can receive their forever child soon too!

Unknown said...

I can't thank you enough, Andrea! I feel so blessed to have so many around us who have offered such support and love. I also feel very blessed to have the amazing tool of the internet to help us in our journey to adopt. It can truly be used for good. Thanks again!

artfullycarin@gmail.com said...

As someone who tried to conceive for 10 years before falling pregnant with my first one, my heart really goes out to this couple. I hope and pray for them. xo

Leslie Posey said...

So sweet...praying for u guys!!! I hope that Heavenly Father will bless ur family w a beautiful baby soon!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails