Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jewelry; show it off.

I love jewelry.  I have quite a collection.

I have received a lot as gifts, and also ordered some for myself.

 photo Jewelry-0315_zps9a5fdb38.jpg

Just recently I hit a huge sale and scored bags of jewelry for $5 a bag.  Some of the jewelry was Anthropology, Express, and New York & Co.  It took some digging and perseverance, but I scored a whole stash.

I thought it would be fun to see how I use my jewelry collection as part of my décor in my home.

 photo Jewelry-0307_zps0d5ca0b7.jpg

This is my dresser in my room, and I love how my jewelry looks on it.

 photo Jewelry-0311_zps1baf8dc2.jpg

I picked up this white milk glass bowl at a thrift store for a dollar.

  photo Jewelry-0310_zps04e5938c.jpg

It is filled to the brim with bracelets and cuffs.

 photo Jewelry-0314_zps41cdbea4.jpg

I found 3 these white bowls at Target.  I believe they were two dollars a piece.

 photo Jewelry-0313_zps0a84bca8.jpg

One has my small stud earrings.

 photo Jewelry-0312_zps809cac17.jpg

One has some of my necklace charms, and bobby pins.

 photo Jewelry-0315_zps9a5fdb38.jpg

…and another my larger stud earrings.

Next to my bed is a vintage desk.  It is also home to some of my jewelry collection.

 photo Jewelry-0318_zpsff840629.jpg

I have this fun mirror on the desk.  I thought it would be fun to hang some of my chunky necklaces from it.

 photo Jewelry-0327_zps260c8a14.jpg

I also filled up one of my glass apothecary jars with some headbands and pins.  This was also a great place to hang some of my thinner chain jewelry.

 photo Jewelry-0326_zps198c7b01.jpg

My collection isn’t limited to just jewelry; So pins and headbands work great in here.

 photo Jewelry-0331_zpsd6ad9829.jpg

This would also look really fun with bracelets in it as well. 

 photo Jewelry-0335_zps16056bb6.jpg

There are all sorts of jewelry trees out there.  I like the simple lines and colors of this one.

 photo Jewelry-0323_zps9e9868e8.jpg

I added some earrings and then the bottom is perfect for my rings.

 photo Jewelry-0336_zpsb71586c8.jpg

I also bought this really fun bird rack a few years ago at an antique store.  It looks so fun in my bathroom with all my necklaces hanging from it.

See how fun it is to let your jewelry make a statement in your decorating. 

You don’t have to hide it away.  Bring it out and show it off!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it! I display mine a similar way too. it all looks so pretty sitting out too

KW said...

I have so much jewelry I don't know what to do with it all. I check a lot of my earrings in an ice cube tray! HA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails