Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our week with Grandma and Grandpa

We had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa.

They came all the way from Utah to see us.

We had a very busy week already planned, so they just joined in with the Swenson crazy.

Here are a few things we did(via iphone pics and my camera):

Photobucket

We took them to PerryDell farm.

 Photobucket

A working Dairy farm, that supports four families.

Photobucket

They have a bottling plant also.

Photobucket 

This is where we are buying our milk. I love knowing it comes straight from the farm, and oh so fresh.  YUMMY!!  The have delicious chocolate milk.

Photobucket

Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed making dipped pretzels with the kids.  We used them to “BOO” a few families.

The kids had their class Halloween parties at school.

Photobucket

Grandma went and helped me out.  I organized Stella’s party, and helped plan Isaac’s.

Photobucket

Lorene helped me make some of the treats.

Photobucket

Witchy brooms and sugar cookies.  Stella’s class decorated their own cookies.  Isaac’s class just ate the ones I decorated.

The kids also had a dance-a-thon at school. This is a big fundraiser for our school.

We enjoyed watching them dance.  I love how happy Isaac looks in these pictures.

Photobucket

Stella was having so much fun with her friends singing along to “You don’t know your beautiful.”  I got so much joy out of watching how she has just settled in to this new place.

Photobucket

Jex goes to a different school.  His party will be this week, if Hurricane Sandi cooperates.(pray for us here in PA)

Grandma and Grandpa even watched the kids so that Jonathan and I could go to a concert.  Our favorite Arkansan, Justin Moore was here in PA; and we were front row.  It was a blast!!

Photobucket

It was great for me to see him on October 23rd.  My Grandpa Fred died one year ago on October 22nd.  We used Justin’s song, “If Heaven wasn’t so Far Away,” at his funeral.  It was nice to hear it acoustic and live.  A good reminder of a man who lived a good life, and who is missed dearly.

We hosted our own little Halloween party.

Photobucket

We started with a spooky dinner.  The kids thought this was awesome to eat in the dark.

Grandma made some owl rolls with the kids to go with our dinner.

Photobucket

Then the kids colored haunted houses, and also did some fingerprint art that Grandma introduced them too.

Photobucket

We ended the night with a movie.

…and we can’t forget someone had a birthday.

Photobucket

A few other things that I don’t have pictures for:

Dinner out just the four of us at my favorite place; Crimson Grill.  Mmm.  My mouth is watering just thinking about their pasta.

 Jerald and Jonathan went golfing. Jonathan shot a 72 and was thrilled. Wait to go lover boy.

Jonathan took his parents to Gettysburg and Lancaster(I stayed behind to get kids off the bus)

A little shopping for Lorene and I at a few of my favorite PA shops.  I got a good chunk of my Christmas shopping done.  I even wrapped some of them and sent them on to Utah with her, for our fabulous Utah cousins.

Eastern Market(a huge indoor farmer’s market where I buy a big chunk of our groceries), they thought this was really neat.

Watching a lot of baseball(I am still upset my Cardinals lost the pennant.)

Photobucket

…and then it was time to say goodbye.  Which is never fun for anyone.

Photobucket

Isaac even sent Grandma home with The Kissing Hand.  A favorite memento from a favorite book of ours.

Photobucket 

Thanks for a great week.  We miss you already.

I love visitors.  Speaking of my BFF comes this week.  I can’t wait.  I haven’t seen her in almost a year. It’s time.  Hurry up Krysta.

3 comments:

KW said...

Looks like you had a great time with them. I like the idea of a spooky dinner!

Christal said...

Aw man...your sweet pics of hugging the grandparents brought tears to MY eays. How wonderful and what a serious blessing it is to have REAL grandparents for your children!

Krysta said...

What a fun visit! I can't believe how many fun things you all did for Halloween. I love the spooky dinner. Isaac and Stella looked so happy at their Halloween parties!

Related Posts with Thumbnails