Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July {Part One}

We moved to Arkansas on June 3, 2008.  There are many things I miss about not being close to our family.  In the eight years that we have been away, the hardest holiday for me has always been the Fourth of July.  So naturally, one of the first questions I asked a friend was, “what kind of fun things happen around here for the Fourth of July?”  She got the most excited and delighted look on her face as she began to tell me about the Henderson celebration.  The Henderson’s are a family that live in our ward.  They have a nice piece of land with a beautiful pavilion, and facilities for great parties.  Every year they invite our ward to come out and celebrate our Nation’s birthday.  It really has been one of the most memorable parts of our time here in Arkansas.

This year was our last year to attend.  It is so sad because our kids enjoy it so much, and we enjoy spending time with our friends.  I wanted to make sure that I really documented this special memory of our time in Arkansas.  This year they had the party on Saturday, July 2nd.

Fourth of July

I apologize now for picture overload.

Web re-sized4

The property is so beautiful.  They have flowers, benches, arbors, trees, and water that add to the beauty of the party.

Tessa Mae

I couldn’t help but take some pictures of Tessa Mae.

The food at the party is to die for.  They provide all the food.  You will find: ribs, hamburgers, hotdogs, French fries, sides, watermelon and catfish.

Great Food

Lets not forget the yummy homemade ice-cream; vanilla, strawberry, and banana. The Strawberry is my favorite. I have heard that they make close to 25 batches of homemade ice-cream.  Can you imagine all the work that goes in to this party.

Cotton Candy

They also have a stand specifically for drinks, snocones, and cotton candy.  YUM!!  All of us enjoyed the cotton candy.  Here in the south you have to eat it fast before it melts.

Horseshoes  Leslie and Tess

There is also plenty to do.  Among visiting with our friends, they have activities for the adults.  Jonathan was undefeated in horse shoes.  There is also plenty for the kids to do.  They enjoy being with their friends, and playing on the massive playground.  All of which was hand built by the Henderson's.  Tessa loves to swing.  Thankfully, she talked my friend Leslie in to swinging with her.

Fireworks

After the sun goes down, they put on a marvelous firework show.  We all just sit back and ENJOY!! Except for Tess.  She was so nervous, she snuggled in to Leslie and went to sleep.

Thank you Henderson family for making our Fourth of July’s here in Arkansas so wonderful.

P.S.  keep reading to see the scrapbook pages(or click here) I made to document our Fourth of July at the Henderson’s.

4 comments:

KW said...

Now that's a party. Glad it was so fun for you guys. I can tell by some of the pics though how hot and humid it is there. I can't wait to see Tess, she looks older to me than Luke.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

What a great party! Wait a second...are you guys moving?

Stella said...

Looking at this pictures it's easy to understand that you had a wonderful time. It looks amazing and i am happy that you had a wonderful time. And I know what it's like to not have family nearby to celebrate special days like this together. ( But I also miss them on "normal"days...)

And ..are you moving?
Have a lovely weekend!

Krysta said...

That is such a fun party! I can not believe how much work and money they put into that party! I love you pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails